Friday, August 25, 2017

Transfers!! and a wedding (8/21/17)

Ok I need to be quick on this one.  Spent a bit too much time on other emails. Haha

Tuesday: We did Eikaiwa and had dinner at an investigators house. We did this super Japanese thing where ramen noodles go down this thing of bamboo while water is running down. I have to say, I thought I was good at using chopsticks until I had this challenge. I also got to feed my companion a bunch of Japanese delicacies while he was blindfolded for his good-bye Eikaiwa. It was a ton of fun though I felt bad about the fish guts marinated in salt.

Wed: Kind of a normal day. We met with a less-active member which was really nice and set up an appointment to have him meet with the bishop this last Sunday! Also he went to church for the third time in a row so he is officially an active member!! WHOOO!

Thursday: I said goodbye to my companion Elder Bachman and said hello to my new senior companion Elder Schulze. He was also my district leader back in Iwamizawa when I was with Elder Seki. Elder Schulze is an amazing missionary. He is transfer 16 (though he has 17 transfers because he was fast tracked in the MTC) and is from South Jordan Utah.  It really is a small world after all. Well, for Mormons that is.

Friday: We tried to meet a bunch of people this day and had our Eiken class. It went really well and we have three gaijin (foreigners) in our area now.  Sister Nakazawa transferred out and a sister named Sister Reynolds came in.

Saturday: We were at a wedding reception pretty much all day. Two people from our ward got married which was amazing! It's weird how the second wedding reception I've been to was in Japan. It went really well and we sang "when there is love at home" The bride's name is Ai which means love so there were obviously a lot of puns floating around. I also got to see Elder Seki and one of the Koyama's from Moiwa. I pretty much spent the whole night just walking around and talking to almost every member in our ward.

Sunday: Had a lunch party for the wedding peoples because there were a ton of visitors. We also went to a super rural part of our area to find and talked to a super cool family that might have interact.

Oh, and I'm still in Shinoro,

Love you all,

Elder Harvey

No comments:

Post a Comment