Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Time Crunch!

This has been a really weird week. All of our time got eaten up by activities and such. It kinda sucked to have all our dendo time get sucked up by other things. :( But, I did see miracles this week!

Mon: Me and Elder Isobe just played around at the church for our Pday.  We also got zange ramen. Mama (important word: average) ramen but the zange is why you go there. (Editor's note - I have not been able to find anything that tells me what zange means.)  It kinda reminded me of apple cider doughnuts from Vermont. We met with Keita San and a really good discussion with him. It was probably my first really good lesson I have had with him. He had a ton of questions and I was spouting out answers left and right...IN JAPANESE! Then again that's why I am here so it's futsu (normal).

Tue: We didn't have our ZTM (zone training meeting) today because the snow was so bad on Monday the government was still trying to clear the roads. So that got moved to Fri. Instead all of our time got eaten up by singing practice for the Christmas party and for sacrament meeting on Christmas. Then we had our mogie (role playing), dinner and Eikawa (English class).

Wed: This day was a lot of walking. Noteworthy things of this day were: eating an apple ice cream bar and teaching a lesson by myself to one of our investigators. There was construction going on just outside this guy's apartment so Elder Isobe couldn't hear him. But it was a really good lesson on prayer. Then our time got eaten up at night because we were told by the AP's to go to institute to help out...even though there was no one there. Awkward! I also found my first bathroom where toilet paper is not provided and went to my first Boston Bake 30% off sale. It was a battle zone in there. Everything is 30% off every night after 7:30.

Thur: This day we had the Obaa-chan (older people) lunch which Elder Murdock taught.  It was really cool and we had an investigator there which was nice.  Then we had DKK and institute AGAIN! The only people who were there was the teacher, one sister and us. It was fun and we got fed Boston Bake. I love Boston Bake. And the ward members. Most noteworthy thing though was as we were leaving the teacher Nakajima kyodai told us "Oh Elder's I'm looking forward to feeding you on ___ date. Oh, and I am inviting the mission president.  Bye." Needless to say we are all freaking out about it a little on the inside.

Fri: ZTM which was really good. It was a lot of fun until I made my douki sisters cry (I believe douki sisters means the sisters that were in the MTC and started at the same time as Zach). I had to be the messenger of bad news to them. Then a little after I told them we had pictures which I forgot about.
Whoops. Then I went to an all you can eat Yakiniku place, same one as b4 but because it was lunch it was cheaper. Then a lot of rejection or people not being home. That was no fun, but that's missionary life for you.

Sat: Our Ward Christmas party happened! It was a ton of fun! We had 3 investigators show up. Which was actually 100% of the people we got real commitments out of. We had a play, a bunch of musical performances, Amazing food, and I got to dress up as Santa!

Sun: Church was fun, we went caroling with members, and walked to an investigator who wasn't home.

Love you all,

Elder Harvey


Santa Zach!



Missionaries singing, "Silent Night" in English and Japanese.  Warning - turn up the volume and take dramamine if necessary.


This is the main drag in Sapporo during the different seasons (i.e. winter and not winter).
Elder Harvey lives at the base of the mountains and to the left a bit.



No comments:

Post a Comment