Friday, February 10, 2017

Merry Christmas (12/28/16)

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas everyone! This has been a week full of Christmas miracles! We met with a lot of members this week because around this holiday season Japanese people love to feed the missionaries. Starting Saturday 31st there is something called shogatsu. Basically New Year's Day is a HUGE holiday in Japan. It lasts generally until the 3rd of January. We have done a lot of snow shoveling, unburied a rabbit house, taken a LOT of buses and done a lot of walking. The member's here are amazing people. It feels like we are going from party to party because members invite their friends to these meals (non-members and members). We just had a meal where there were 18 of us. Luckily I had the spiritual message by myself so it was an amazing lesson.  Luckily my Japanese has improved and I made a funny play on words. :)


This Sunday was a lot of fun, I got to Skype my family and the mission president was at our sacrament meeting. His son got engaged to one of the Ward members here in Moiwa. We also had temple p-day today! Also a really cool miracle happened on the way back! The French investigator me and Elder Larson found has kinda dropped off the face of the Earth. BUT, on the stop right before ours he got on the Chikatetsu so I was able to talk to him for a little bit and introduce him to Elder Isobe. Christmas miracles truly exist!  Another Christmas miracle was that for lunch today we went to the best Hamburger place on the entire Island, Jacksonville! I'll let the pictures do the talking. Though it was really expensive....2330 (0.O) Totally worth it though X).  We went as a big group.









No comments:

Post a Comment