Friday, February 10, 2017

House Arrest (1/30/17)

House Arrest (1/30/17)

So this week Elder Morse and I were pretty much on house arrest the whole time. The doctors told us on Monday that we were not allowed to leave the apartment until Saturday. Soooo, that was interesting. We watched a lot of church videos and studied the scriptures a bunch, studied Japanese, and everything else we could think of. We called all of our investigators pretty much every day and couldn't call old investigators because the entire area book was called 3 transfers ago.

:( To get over my intense boredom after hours upon hours of reading I finally broke and started to make a story.  Anyway that was a fun yet very unfun time. The only upside was when the wind was howling inside our apartment we were glad we were not outside. (But the feeling of dread came that February is going to be a monster of a winter.) So for those who haven't heard I transferred to Iwamizawa. Pretty much the center of the island. It pretty much has the feel that I am in Rexburg Idaho. In the middle of nowhere and really cold. I was pretty sad that I was leaving Moiwa (and the city) but excited to see what the rest of the island was like. It was really sad saying bye to investigators and church members, but more so saying bye to my apartment mates. Anyway my new companion is Elder MORSE. He is from North Carolina, and is a baller! I got to say West does not = best. East is best! After being in the apartment for so long I got to know him pretty well.

Saturday on, though, things actually happened. We had our mission tour which was awesome! No the tour was not on the new schedule but on subjects Nakatsuka Kaichou, Nakatsuka Shimai, and Yamashita Choro and shimai prayed about (the mission conference had President and Sister Nakatsuka, with Elder and Sister Yamashita visiting as the presiding authorty). We also had a really awesome lunch made by the Kotoni Ward members. I felt like I was at a restaurant. We had butadon (buta is pork and a don is....) and the side was arranged really fancily. AND they fed us all ice cream. They are so awesome! Then we went back to the apartment to finish our house arrest.

Sunday was also really awesome. My new area is a branch. With about 25 members. Everyone here is super awesome. They are all really nice and give us a HUGE fruits basket. We also had an investigator come to church for the first time!!!!!! He's a really cool guy about 23 years old. He was deeply impressed and strongly felt the spirit at church.  We also got to dendo for the first time this week!!! Felt so liberating...and cold but the good outweighs the bad! :)

Ok my time is out!
LOVE YOU ALL,

Elder Harvey

Mission tour meeting (Zach is in center top row - click to enlarge)


No comments:

Post a Comment