Thursday, May 25, 2017

MOTHERS DAY! (5/15/17)

Hey Everyone. I hope you are all enjoying Mother's Day today! Or Yesterday if you're like me because of Japan things (i.e. 13 hours ahead of Eastern Time). Mother's Day was really awesome here because it was also fast and testimony meeting. We had a bunch of awesome testimonies from members and we also got fed at a members house! (Sorry forgot to receive the pics). It was a really great dinner! I ended up eating so much that the members asked if I was fat before the mission. They were quite surprised to hear that right now is the heaviest I have ever been in my life. "Weighing at about a whole 140 lbs we have the missionary in the white corner, ELDER HARVEY!" But seriously most of that gained weight is from muscle gained in my legs. Biking all day everyday gets you some nice legs. But not as nice legs as running 20klm/12mile run. We have an investigator who wants to became a policeman in the future and his usual run is 20k.

Nothing really too interesting this week. For Eikaiwa (English class) we had the sisters from Higashi there as well which was really fun. We were learning about holidays and I made the role play be that you had to go last minute decoration shopping but you can't say the holiday's name.  It was a big hit! I almost had people falling out of their chairs as I almost fell over carrying a huge imaginary pumpkin and accidentally knocked over an imaginary Christmas tree that I was almost crushed under as I caught it. 

We also had a meal by another member family. If you remember me talking about a person in my Eikaiwa that has a British accent then you have the right family in mind. It was really fun giving our experiences of being younger and when we had testimony building experiences. They also asked a lot about our families and before mission life. They were quite impressed with Ken's muscles.  They also thought it was hilarious that I was the animebu or anime club president. That was pretty much my week. I hope you can all find things to be grateful for in your week!

Love,
Elder Harvey

No comments:

Post a Comment