Monday, September 18, 2017

Elder Gay (9/18/17)

So much has happened this week, yet it seems like we almost did nothing. The week started off with Pday where we went to Hitsujigaoka observation hill. Or in understanble language the Boy's Be Ambitious statue. It was still as fun as the first time. Probably because I had the chance to eat Ezo prefecture deer. I must say that deer is actually pretty good, but still second to horse. Then Tuesday was eaten up by our district meeting, travel, and Eikaiwa (English class). Wednesday was even weirder. We had lunch with a member and when we get there there's like 10 people (members and less-actives) there. It was kind of packed. We taught the message of the restoration which was nice though. Then we had interviews with our mission President which was supposed to be at 4 but ended up being pushed back until 6. So we were at the mission office all after noon seeing how we had to take a train at around 2:30 to get there on time and didn't get home until 8:30.

Thursday was the same craziness that it always is. We had our weekly planning session and Ward mission council. I also got a 30 minute lesson from our ward mission leader on Japanese. He pointed out to me where I was making mistakes and gave me some suggestions of what to study to improve. He really wants to see my grammar cleaned up. He says as soon as I do that I will be Japanese because the rest of my Japanese is so good. At the same time it's so good that it makes my current mistakes worse because then people don't know if I'm really making a mistake or not and get confused. Or in other words I lost my foreigner powers because the rest of my Japanese is too high level. XP 

Then Friday was mostly a normal day. It was all normal until Eiken English class. Our Ward mission leader brought in a new book for us to use to help people practice reading and writing. We also have a member who is a proctor of the Eiken exam who was taking notes on our teaching the whole time (because we asked him to, so we could improve). Then Saturday was EVEN WEIRDER! Normal day except that it kind of wasn't. The day started out with us trying to fix the sisters punctured tires and somehow I ended up sweeping rocks out of the parking lot of their apartment complex. I also ended up being the one to fix the punctures because my companion gave up. X3 Then we went and housed in a town kind of far away and couldn't even make it through one block (which is a good thing)  because we spent most of the time talking to this one lady about the missionary lessons. Then we had to head back to the Apartment to change to go to a broadcast of a meeting of Elder Gay. And it was absolutely amazing. We also had Stake conference the next day and got to hear another talk by Elder Gay. And now we are in the middle of a typhoon. Wish I had more time to talk about what I learned form Elder Gay but running out of time so if anyone has any questions feel free to ask.

Love,

Elder Harvey

No comments:

Post a Comment