Saturday, December 9, 2017

Picture Dendo! (11/20/17)

Hey everyone! I hope all of your guys' weeks have been great! It's crazy to think that Thanksgiving is this week! I hope you all have a great time celebrating this year with your families or friends! Today we had a Thanksgiving district party which was really fun! No turkey but plenty of other delicious Thanksgiving food! I hope all of us can see the things we are thankful for more in our lives as we approach Thanksgiving!

This week has been a lot of trying to find new investigators. We started trying to do some new contacts since we have Line (kind of like Skype but a bit cooler and more hi-tech). We have been going around and talking to as many people as we possibly can and trying to hand out as many Books of Mormon as we can. Recently we have also been taking photos with all the people we contact! Everyone that we talk to has been super awesome people! We have been trying to contact a lot of High schoolers and College people recently. We have met some pretty awesome people that we hope will become strong investigators.

We had an interesting experience this week as well too. This last Thursday right after we got finished with splits with the AP's My companion and I forgot our keys. Our keys were with the other Elders by accident so we were locked out of our apartment. So we decided to head out once more and try to find some people. There is a card shop that is attached to our apartment so my companion and I decided to see if we could find anyone there. We somehow accidentally got into a conversation with someone that knew the missionaries because he has been streeted a bunch of times but has always rejected the missionaries. However this time he listened to our message, gave us his line, and we decided that we should go out to dinner sometime together. It was quite a miracle that we were locked out of our apartment, though we were late getting back X3 Anyways I hope you all have a great week and feel a spirit of love as you search out and find things you are thankful for! I know that as you look for things you are thankful for your day will be brightened!

Love,
Elder Harvey


Oh, by the way it is finally winter here! My face is already frozen. Everyone in my apartment is already using thermals except for me (I'm too tough for that XD) Though I will need to start breaking out some winter gear like scarves and the like. You probably already know but I don't have much hope in the near future of getting out of the negatives (of Celsius not sure about Fahrenheit anymore) We had a snowball fight after church yesterday with all the primary kids! Haha anyways I hope you all enjoy the winter!



No comments:

Post a Comment