Tuesday, May 29, 2018

From Zero to Hero (4/30/18)


Hey everyone! I hope you all had a fantastic week! For the missionaries in the Frozen Chozen Japan Sapporo mission it was transfer week! Unfortunately I had to say goodbye to my beloved Wakkanai. I have absolutely come to love the people there and the place itself. I was able to grow a lot there and learn a lot about myself while I served there. I was also sad to think that I would no longer see the ocean, Thankfully though that is not the case. I am still ocean side! I almost made it from the northern most point to the southernmost but didn't quite make it all the way. Instead I made it to the amazing place of Tomakomai! I thought it was really funny to be called here right after serving in Wakkanai. As a mission we have a mission song and the only two areas that are mentioned are Wakkanai and Tomakomai. It goes a little something like this "from the icy shores of Wakkanai to the Ainus in Tomakomai". I thought it was really cool that I actually got to live out that part of the song.

Also I am opening the area! Meaning that I am starting from 0. Though I have faith that before I leave and before this area gets closed down due to numbers (unfortunately it is inevitable) that we will build this area to hero status! My new companion is Elder Schvaneveldt (Swan) and is amazing! He has moved all over the place. He has lived in Japan, Costa Rica, Utah, and New York. He is actually a cadet from West Point! I am super excited to have army by my side! I also live in an apartment with two other Elders. Elder Hammond (who was here before) and Elder Jenson (who just moved here).

I have already seen so many miracles while I have been here! I am super excited for this transfer and to preform the Miracles that God is eager to preform. I hope all of you guys can see the miracles in your lives as well! I love you guys, have a great week!

Love,

Elder Harvey







No comments:

Post a Comment