Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Golden Week (5/7/18)


Hey everyone this week has been great! This week was Golden Week which meant everyone was on vacation. That made it both fun and not so fun as we were meeting people who didn't even live in Tomakomai. I even met a friend of mine from Wakkanai! We were just biking down the street to go back home when I hear someone yell "Haabii!" We then turned around and I found out it was my friend. It was truly a miracle that we happened to cross paths at the perfect timing! We also have been able to make a few new friends through talking with people on the phone and going to our local food court and starting conversations with people. It was really interesting because we kept getting a lot of stares from passing by girls. I always felt kind of lucky that we were talking with someone whenever they would stop to try to talk with us but then give up. I realized it's kind of weird being approached by other people, especially when you think of why they are approaching you sometimes. Something I learned was how to approach people more naturally and make it less weird for them which really helps people feel more comfortable and open up more.

I hope you guys all had a great week! I hope you all have an amazing Mother's Day!

Love y'all
Elder Harvey

No comments:

Post a Comment