Wednesday, July 4, 2018

He is there! (7/2/18)


Hey everyone sorry about last week. I overloaded with pictures and videos so I will send those again separately. These last 2 weeks have been way awesome! I had 3 companion  exchanges where I learned a lot from some amazing missionaries. To be honest so much has happened that I don’t even know where to start. We have had a lot of big events happen in these 2 weeks. One of the big ones is we found a new family, with whom we have become really good friends with. It’s a mom and 2 daughters. We found her while housing around 11am! Just goes to show that when we work with the spirit we can accomplish all things! They are a way great family and the Mother is shooting to get baptized on July 21st! She is a really amazing person and has really been prepared by Heavenly Father. She even told us that she didn’t mean to come to church yesterday but found herself parking at the church without realizing it. She is now really committed to finding out more about God. She also has made great relationships with the members. She even went to the relief society’s activity. She also came to our activity which we threw.

We decided to put together an origami party for the ward which was a huge success! The only failure was my pound cake, I used WAY too much butter. Instead it came out like German pancake pound cake. Though I got quite a few compliments so apparently it turned out better than I planned? Anyway it was a great activity to which about 25+ people show up. We had a paper airplane obstacle course, ninja star shooting range, and frog kart. In other words Mario kart kind of game using origami frogs. In the end it was a blast!

We also found a less active member who lives right by our apartment.  When I was on splits one of the elders had previously worked in Hakodate and knew her from there. She originally lived there but has since married and moved to Tomakomai but we didn’t have her address or record. Luckily he knew her, so we went and talked with her and her husband and was fed dinner. Really nice of them. She also said later that it was the first time her husband had ever talked with missionaries. Since then our relationship has just gotten better and she even came to both the origami party and relief society activity!

Those are just a few of the really big highlights of the two weeks.  Really a lot has happened and all of it is thanks to the Lord. I have come to see in the little and big ways he prepares the hearts of his children and then gives them the chance to come unto him. I love being able to be that person that gives them the chance. I truly feel like I am on the Lord's errand and can feel his strength and power sustaining me and those around me. I hope each of you can come to know in a very real sense that he can sustain and help you too as you let him.  Learning how to do that though is one of the most important yet most difficult things we must do. It will make all the difference for us and our loved ones. I love all you guys and hope you have the Lord's help in your lives every day.

Love,
Elder Harvey

No comments:

Post a Comment