Sunday, July 1, 2018

T-minus 5

Hey everyone! This week has been crazy awesome! So much has happened that I don’t even know where to begin. We had our first District Training Meeting this week which went really well. I learned a lot about the importance of members being involved and how the Lord's kingdom is built for unity and oneness of heart. As missionaries and members come closer to a oneness of heart miracles will occur. English class was also really cool but I spent it with the Branch President going over an origami party activity that we are setting up. The planning is going really well. 

The next morning at around 11am we found an amazing family that wants to come to church. Unfortunately this last Sunday was stake conference in Atsubetsu so they couldn’t go but we had an appointment with them instead which went really well. They still want to come to church and we have a follow up appointment. Really great people. 

That same day we visited two less active ladies which went really well. We gave one of them a Book of Mormon which she didn’t have. She only had the old translation which was amazingly difficult or so I hear. It went really well and we were able to read with her and talk about hymns with her nonmember husband. With the other sister we were fed weird Japanese foods which I will include at the bottom. We also had our first lesson with the woman who came to church last Sunday. We had 3 members there who pretty much did all the talking for us. We just taught and they answered her questions. One of the best lessons I have ever had on my whole mission. 

Then on Saturday we had our second lesson with a different sister who we gave a Book of Mormon to last time we met with her. In just a week she had already read up into 3rd nephi! It went really well and a member was able to answer a lot of her questions. 

Then Sunday was stake conference which was great! We heard a message over broadcast from Elder Rasband. It felt truly fitting that the last message I would hear from an apostle in Japan would be from him. Before I received my mission call I heard a general conference talk by him about how missionaries are called. In that talk he said the only one he got right was a call to Japan Sapporo. At that time I felt a confirmation that I was needed there. Now at the end he talked about how the Lord's Plan is perfect and families. The next chapter of my life. Truly a blessing of direction in my life. 

I was also able to meet a bunch of members and missionaries that I know. I also met brother Kairi that I taught in Eniwa. I had the privilege of teaching him most of the missionary lessons. I watched him change a lot in 3 weeks as he came to church, read the Book of Mormon and prayed. Now I met him again and he got baptized last night. I got to see how the gospel truly affected his life and helped him change more and more. I have felt so much love for him and have come to be his brother. When I first met him he had a hard time smiling, now he has a great smile of Joy! 

I hope you all have had a great week and continue to see miracles in your lives!
Elder Harvey











No comments:

Post a Comment