Monday, March 12, 2018

Stranded! In another land (3/5/18)


Hey everyone I hope you all have had as interesting a week as I had!  The last time I wrote you all I was on a train down to Asahikawa.  Today I'm writing to you on a train from Asahikawa. This last week because of the two typhoons that hit Hokkaido all the trains going up to Wakkanai had stopped for the entire week! I have been stranded down in Asahikawa this whole time. It was the first time I really felt "homesick" badly here in Japan. Not for Massachusetts but for my beloved Wakkanai! Today I finally get to go home!

The week started off really well with Zone activity. The really awesome part about it was all you can eat half cooked meat and just meeting up with a bunch of friends. The next day was Zone Conference which was also really amazing! I learned a ton about testimonies and faith. Another big theme of the week that I learned was to trust in the Lord with all of our hearts. I have really come to know that the Lord has a perfect plan for us and knows the whole playing board. It was a little tough this week not being able to go back to our area but at the same time I knew that the Lord knew better than I did. As I held trust in that I felt way less stressed about it and I could feel the spirits confirmation that the Lord loves his children and does everything for them in a perfect timing.

This week, despite our futile trips to the train station, we could not go home. So instead we just ended up spending the week proselytizing in Suehiro, which is the Stake center area for Asahikawa. It was really great and I felt I talked with a lot of people that the Lord was putting in my way. It was amazing to see the work that would have otherwise not have happened had I gone to Wakkanai being fulfilled before my eyes. Truly I felt that the Lord works in mysterious but correct ways to the succoring of his children. I even met a member that was in the same mission (London England) as someone from my school (Wesley Andrews)! During my 4 years at that school there were only 4 other members besides myself.  It was crazy to see just how small the world is!

I also got to attend sacrament meeting in Suehiro which was pretty nice. It was interesting to be at a sacrament meeting as a missionary where I was only visiting. Certainly, and hopefully, a once in a lifetime experience.

I hope you all can continue to see God's influence in your lives. I know that he loves you as one of his children. He has come to know you personally and has forged a bond of love that is very deep. He cares for you and is continuously calling you to help you find that bond of love. I know that his plan is perfect and that he will not lead us wrong when we follow him.

I love you all!
Elder Harvey


Pictures from Zone Conference








No comments:

Post a Comment