Monday, March 12, 2018

Transfers (2/5/18)


Hey everyone this week has been super crazy! SO much has happened since I have last written so I will more than likely skip some stuff and make no sense in the process. The biggest things though were the meeting on Monday, transfers, and everything regarding to going to a new area!

So to start off I will begin with Monday. We had a seriously intense meeting with Sister Oscarson and Sister Eubank!  (General Young Women's leaders from Salt Lake.)  I learned so much about faith, finding, and patience. It was great to hear and learn from these amazing women's experiences. One of my favorite is like how God doesn't work like a vending machine. You can;t just put in a coin of faith and expect a *kuchunk* Miracle to pop-out. You have to keep putting in those coins of faith continually, and hopefully getting a bit more gracious with the amount you put in, and in God's own due time he will *kuchunk* give you a miracle. After the eating we had a dinner with a new convert/part-member family which was really nice!  I'm going to miss them a lot! Pictures are on Facebook.

Tuesday we had our transfer calls and District Training Meeting. It was a great meeting which was largely focused on who Jesus Christ is and how we can teach simply about him. I learned a lot and the spirit was really strong. We also found out where everyone was going. The sisters, My companion Elder Burton, and Elder Yagi all stayed in Eniwa. Elder Kikuchi went to Toyohira and I got transferred to Wakkanai! Definitely a big shock when I heard that one. I really thought I would stay in the city, or at least a city-like area. I spent the rest of this day saying bye to members.

Wednesday: I got to meet with my favorite Investigator Kairi san 1 last time. I grew so close to him and we became such good friends. In just two weeks he has made it to Alma 20! He is so great! I spent the rest of that day packing and saying bye to various investigators and members. I was also up until 1 AM helping Elder Kikuchi pack X)

Thursday: Spent this whole day traveling. Legitimately though, I started traveling at 10:30A.M.  and made it into the apartment by 9 P.M. Pretty much went to Sapporo Eki to pick up my new companion Elder Gonzalez (He's from Idaho and only 50% Spanish heritage) at 1:30 then we hopped on a bus up to Wakkanai at 3 and made it in by 9. Very, Very , long bus ride! Though pretty comfortable if i do say so myself.

Then everything got really crazy! Though I'm out of time so I will be very brief. Wakkanai was nothing like I expected it to be at all! So many people, SO many investigators! This place is on fire! Everyone here is really nice and tons of things are happening! For example we have an investigator who is a Japanese dance teacher who invited us to this really nice party. She said that a lot of important people would be there. Little did we know that she meant REALLY IMPORTANT people!
Like all of the CEO's of the big corporations in Wakkanai and the Hokkaido Assemblyman. She introduced us to all of this people and they were all losing to her. She is a very Strong lady. Anyway a ton has happened that I haven't even begun to write about, like the branch which has 6 attending members, or really a lot. I love you guys so much!



 Above - Brother and Sister Oscarson


Gave this to Kairi san!  (Above)  He loves this show.  :/

  Me preparing for Wakkanai (it's COLD there!)
 The last time I saw Eniwa church.

 VERY IMPORTANT PEOPLE! Even though I have never in my whole life have I danced these dances before or even seen them for that matter, I was forced to dance in front of all these VERY IMPORTANT PEOPLE!
 Other dancers

 Everything the light touches is my kingdom!
The view outside my window this morning

Love you guys!
Elder Harvey

(Message and picture sent by Sister Oscarson to Elder Harvey's parents)

Look who we just spent the last hour and a half with! He looks great, loves his mission, and sends his love!



No comments:

Post a Comment