Monday, March 12, 2018

Wakkanai the land of the CRAZY! (2/12/18)


Hey everyone! As usual it was another week of crazy miracles left and right! To put it simply I have felt blown away all week! There`s been blizzards, influenza is infecting everyone, lot`s of cats, saw some foxes randomly, and we doubled sacrament meeting attendance yesterday.

This week we really have been focusing on getting appointments with the people we already have.  A big problem here is that missionaries have not really been pushing for appointments here. As such we have been very busy this week teaching lessons to investigators and to less active members.Though the biggest thing I wasn`t expecting was all the cats! It seems like everyone here in Wakkanai owns a cat....or four.
We had a lesson with an investigator named Era. She has had the Book of Mormon for a while and has wanted to know more but people really haven`t asked for a time it seems like. So we get to her house and go in and I find 4 cats and a dog. Luckily that morning I had an impression that I needed to take my allergy medicine. I quickly understood why. In all though it was a really good lesson and we got a follow up lesson. :)

We also have taught quite a few other people which has been really awesome. I never realized really just how bad I am at teaching until I came here. Haha. I have already taught more lessons in this area that I have on average for my other areas which is amazing! This past Sunday we had an amazing church service! Last week all the regularly attending members plus my companion and me made 8 people. This Sunday (with the help of a promise of food afterwards >:) ) we had 16 people in attendance. We were able to get 5 investigators there and 2 people from the stake. We also had a less active member promise to come who did not show up, though we were given a miracle to reach our goal by having a member from Obihiro show up just in time. It was absolutely crazy! And also really tiring haha! When all the investigators left the Stake President and a sister in our ward called me over and gave me the referral of her husband.

Also another crazy miracle of the week is that an investigator that I was teaching when I was in Moiwa (my first area) just sent me a message that he is getting baptized! I was so ecstatic to hear that and almost leaped for joy, though I did shout!

Although I thought I was coming to the frozen over wasteland of Wakkanai, I have been finding more and more just how on fire it really is! By the time i`m out of here the whole whole place will have been razed over!

I love you all and hope you all are seeing your own personal miracles!
Love,
Elder Harvey



No comments:

Post a Comment