Friday, October 28, 2016

A Hero Departs (8/3/16)

Wed: I received Mom's grocery store she bought for me. It was sooo nice to see the thought she put into what to give me. I felt so lucky to have a mother who thinks of me so dearly. All of the Elders on our floor were pretty surprised by the boxes size. Even more so though when I picked up the Doritos and chips started to fall on the floor. The bottom had opened a little so all the tiny crumbs spilled onto the floor. Now I have a reputation for spilling things X). We also taught TRC which is when we teach members as themselves...but in japanese. M__________ Choro and I taught about service and we had some strong unity in those lessons.  I think that was our second best lesson so far. We really came together in teaching. 

Thur: Class I learned more Nihongo and I think this was the day we taught our new investigator for the first time.  Her name is Wakaki-san. We talked about God and Christ and answered any questions she had. The first lesson is pretty much always the same. spend the entire lesson explaining who God and Christ are. They have absolutely no prior knowledge of anything about Christianity.

Fri: We met another new Investigator who's name is Shimobayashi-san. We didnt teach her yet but we saw a vid about her. I think this was also the day that an awesome sub came in. He's a brand new teacher named Tsukamoto sensei. He really helped me set some goals for language study and for companionship study with M________ Choro. 

Sat: We taught Wakaki-san about Eternal families this day and commited her to read the Family Proclamation with her Husband.  We taught Shimobayashi-san this day. We taught about God and Christ. It went OK.  She had worries about prayer and didnt really seem to connect with us. We had more class.

Sun: This day was AWESOME. but sad. The dai-senpai (the more senior missionaries) sang I'll find you my friend in Japanese. This is a tradition in our zone/branch. But what made it really awesome is that it was 2/1 sisters to elders and they had a celloist and pianist to play. It was emotional. M______ Choro and I were also called to be the Sacrament Coordinator for our branch/zone. The temple walk we had a zone photo because the Dai-senpai and the Nihonjin (the native Japanese missionaries) were leaving Mon. Then I went to Choir Practice. It was stellar. We sang Lead, Kindly Light. If you have time i would implore you to look up the history of this song. The guy who put all the false charges on Joseph Smith was the guy who wrote this. It was before he even heard of the restored church. Then the Devotional was by Stephen B. Allen. It was a great devo. I don't have my scripture journal with me so I can't give any insight on what hit me but it was great. Then we were going to watch Ephraim's Rescue but the Blu-ray audio wasnt working. So instead we watched the Restoration vid. That was solid right after Elder Allen's talk. Also I ate all of my skittles during this movie suuuper nice. Then we helped take down devo like we do every week. Its our service. 

Mon: We had MORE class. We taught Shimobayashi-san and the spirit was super strong. She looked like she was on the verge of tears the entire time. However she still won't pray to know of the truth for herself. We also taught Wakaki san. It was a really short lesson and I forgot what we taught about. But she did read the Family Proc with her Husband. She read it to him while he was cooking. Apparently that's a hobby of his. I told her about Zach (Zollo) and how he likes to cook too. We also got her to go to church this coming Sun. We have one more appointment tommorow with her too. Also during exercise time we played Clavin Volleyball. The rules were that you had to serve it like you were playing a different sport and then you had to get the ball over with three hits. More importantly though some of my heroes left. The Dai-Senpai left early Mon morning. Our Zone Leader K______ Choro was an amazing guy. He was the only Elder in a district of 7 other sisters. Whew. He also gave me a lot of advice about the MTC and overall became a friend. Also Y_______ choro left but I'll see him in Sapporo so it isn't goodbye. 

Tue: a long day. stuff happened. I was recruited to play Hello my friend on Piano on Mon night but I really only practiced for the first time this day. I read Helaman Chapter 5 this day too. I learned soo mcuh from this 1 chapter. That chapter is marked with a myriad of colors now. We also had to help set up devo on tues so we did that. We did choir practice again this day same song and we preformed it during the Devotional. The Speaker was Bishop Wadell. I had so many questions answered and had a lot of insights. One of which was about humility. It was about how when we are serving others and trying to see through spiritual eyes that is a way of praying always. It kind of struck me that as we  serve others we are in the service of Christ so when we do his service it's almost like we are talking to him when we let ourselves be guided by him. Another insight was about our diligence. Elder Wadell talked about that our diligence will not only bless us but those around us. It hit me then that the question I had 2 weeks prior had just been answered. Our diligence will have a lasting affect on those we serve and touch. I just hope that my diligence will have the same affect that my parents diligence has had on me.  I hope I can bring many blessings into my family's lives. 

Wed: To be cont'd next week.

Thanks for updating me on what's happening in the fake world. I'm doing really well here in the real world. The MTC is positively a special place here on earth. I have learned sooo much in just 3 weeks. I feel like I have learned more in these 3 week from personal revelation than I have in the past 19 years of my life. That's just how strong the spirit is here. The temple is awesome.

Love you 
Ai shite imasu 

Haabii-Choro

No comments:

Post a Comment