Saturday, October 29, 2016

I Finally Learned How to Scuba Dive (8/31/16)

This week has been the blurriest week yet. The days all feel like a singular day. I think I might be becoming a little crazy being stuck in such a small space doing the same things every day.

Wed: This day was weird. We went to the temple which is still awesome.  Then we were supposed to do TRC (member lessons) but that got cancelled. And this was also the saddest day of the week. Our favorite teacher, Ferralis Shimai (the American teacher) got moved to a different class because BYU classes are starting again so schedule changes.  Our new teacher is Japanese to boot. Her name is Waddell? Shimai. Now we have no teachers that understand our pain of not knowing Japanese before the mission.

Thur: We met the new teacher.  She was pretty cool. We had class and class, and more class. We also taught Kenji San which was awesome.

Fri: We did a whole day of Nihongo dake. (speaking Japanese Only) It was sooo much fun. I was also surprised just how much I actually knew and how fast our district is progressing. I feel like this shouldn't be possible to do. But we have the Lord's help which means everything.  (And the #1 language learning program in the world according to the FBI)

Sat: Our class did really bad for PCL on Fri and Sat so we had a district meeting, which I of course had to lead. We set some goals and have been doing better. Oh and I got to leave the MTC. My companion thought he had strep throat so we went to the BYU Health Clinic to get him tested. He's fine.

Sun: This day happened I think? The only things I remember is that we went to the temple. We had an amazing devotional by the person who was in charge of creating Preach my Gospel (though he was a back up
speaker) And I watched Legacy in Japanese.

Mon: We taught our new investigator named Aoi San. She is really cool.  She likes cooking especially pastries. She's from a family of 5. She has an aunt who is a member and her roommate is a member. Teaching her was really fun.


Tue: We taught Kenji San again and Wakaki San.  Kenji San is really progressing.  Surprise he likes cooking too!  So I made it part of my goal to study some cooking tango so I can talk to them about their hobby of cooking. We also had an awesome devotional by Elder Maynes of the Seventy.  He pretty much ripped apart any arguments (that would say Joseph Smith) was a fraud. He showed a picture of the original manuscript of the Book of Mormon, a picture of (Joseph’s) diary after it was written and some accounts from his wife. To say the least the average 3rd or 4th grader could write better than Joseph Smith could. You could barely read it, it was worse than my hand writing. And pretty much all of the sentences were grammatically incorrect. He translated the Book of Mormon so fast that his scribes couldn't even put in punctuation in the manuscript. There are also many accounts of scribes writing something that wasn't exactly the same and Joseph, not being able to seem them due to a sheet dividing them, would correct them. He also had to spell out simple words like Sarah because he couldn't pronounce it. His wife also wrote that at one point he went pale as a sheet. He asked her if Jerusalem had walls because he thought it didn't. When Emma told him there was, he said he was scared that he was deceived by some evil spirit.  This kind of thing occurred more than once as well. The coolest thing though was our deep dive with Daniels Kaichou which I will have to write about next week. I'm out of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment