Saturday, October 29, 2016

THE LAST E-MAIL!!! (9/7/16)

Hey this is my last email from the MTC. Kinda weird. I wont be able to email this next week unfortunetly as I will miss Pday. anyway

Wed: We did our first out of 2 skype TRCs. We talked to a member from Fukuoka Japan. Her name is Shinkou-Shimai. It was so awesome to talk with her. I felt so much love for her as we talked with her. In our feedback report she said she could feel that love and that she thought about the needs in her life and that our message helped her. (She also said we didn't have good comp balance because my companion never talks) 

Thur: Had class and studied :)

Fri: same

Sat: We got our Flight Plans! I have to be at the travel office 6:50 Monday morning. I might make it to Sapporo before wed. The flight taking me to sapporo from Narita airport (in Tokyo) takes off around 7:50 PM tue. So I should be there by about 9 or 10 with how long it takes people to board and the plane to take off. 

Sun: This day was awesome. I can't remember most of what happened but it was awesome. In branch council we talked about WIN - whats important now. I feel like that has really helped me stay focused and on track these past few days. We also had a devotional from Chad Lewis. I'm not sure if any of you have heard of him before. I certainly haven't.  (NFL football player.)  He talked a lot about why we are here. He talked about the people he met. For example he went back to his mission some 20 years after he had gotten home. He talked about how much he loved this place in a fireside and one woman stood up and said, “How can you say you love this place so much, I dont remember you.” His reply was, “You are sister Wuu, you were the bishops wife and had a one year old son at the time. I remember you.” (though looking at the pictures of him then verses now she was justified) He talked a lot about loving the people and what an impact it will have on us and on others. He talked about a lot of other things too demo, jikan ga arimasen. 

Mon: Class

Tue: Another Awesome deep dive with President Daniels. We talked mostly about how we were formed and other details about the pre-mortal life. It was really awesome because we only used scriptures. We didn't really talk about hypothetical things but rather what the scriptures mean. It was so cool! We also had a devotional from an apostle. Elder D. Todd Chrisofferson came and talked with us. The main thing I got out of it was about trust. He raised the question "yes he (Christ) loves you, but does he trust you?" Right when he said that it felt like time slowed down and I flew into a flashback. It immediately made me think about when I was talking with Ken on the phone. He told me the importance of working hard and listening to what the  spirit wants me to do and say. He said that without that Christ won't trust me and would send me somewhere I wouldn't be harmful. That had more impact on me than what the apostle said. The spirit knew that and brought it back to my remembrance for a reason. Then the apostle went on to say things like will he trust with this burden or this son of his, or that responsibility. I was able to find a new found goal and resolution for my mission thanks to the Spirit, an apostle, and my loving older brother. 

Love
Aishite imasu
Haabii-Choro  

PS

During choir our choir director told us a story about how his daughter had lost her scriptures and how he was just planning on finding a random Book of Mormon and writing her name on it. Then she said a prayer to find her scriptures. Of course now he was thinking how to explain how Heavenly Father doesn't always answers prayers. Then she asked her dad "Dad do you believe God will answer my prayer". He said he went silent. He said a prayer asking for help to find the sciptures and he had an impression that the scriptures where in their new bookshelf on the left in the basement under the magazines. Lo and behold that was where they were. He relayed to us that he felt such a great love that a being creating planets and moons and stars would go "wait. my daughter needs to find her scriptures." I know that he has this love for all of us.


It's weird to think there is a life other than mission life now.

No comments:

Post a Comment