Friday, October 28, 2016

But Elder Holland Didn't Come.... (8/17/16)

This week has been weird. So much has happened but it doesn't feel like anything has happened. 

Thur: -Sat I honestly don't even remember what happened these days. I think I forgot to mention this last week but I was made Sacrament Coordinator so thats cool. At night the Choro tachi and I have been telling stories about our lives. I am really getting to know these people. I have the story tonight so if anyone wants to remind me of a cool story now is the time. I had classes and did a lot of studying. nothing exciting happened. 

Sun: This day something really exciting happened. Elder Anderson (Quorum of the Twelve Apostles) talked to us for devotional. It was a really cool talk about missionary work and relying on the Lord to find people to teach and how to teach them. In choir we sang a piece that I think the choir has never done in one practice. It was amazing. Then I watched 17 Miracles. I have seen this movie so many times that I thought I just might fall asleep. However, watching this movie again it meant so much more to me and i learned so much from it. 

Mon: There was only one interesting thing on Monday. I got an E-mail from Elder Guerrero and honestly I feel like he was being guided by the spirit word by word. He told me exactly what I needed to hear at the time and I learned so much from his email and his example. I also got an email from dad and Chelsea's mass email which was really nice. Oh and I also proved dad wrong already. I shined my shoes for the first time on mon night. But I am glad I waited until now to get the stuff needed. It is so much cheaper here plus I had 22 dollars just sitting on my card from the MTC weekly allowance. Plus the person who taught me how to shine my shoes (he is fresh out of the airforce academy) told me cottenballs work best. 

Tue: More class. We heard from Sister Oscarson of the General Young Women's Presidency. she had a really nice talk about relying on the Lord. (I honestly got more out of this talk than Elder Anderson's). We also sang Joseph’s first prayer. Another song the choir hasnt done in one practice but we killed it. 

Also the Nashville Tribute Band is coming back on Sunday. Which is pretty cool. 

                                                                                                     愛してます
                         ハービー ちり

                                                  (This is how my name will be written though choro will be in kanji)

Short Sleeve Zach

No comments:

Post a Comment