Saturday, October 29, 2016

More Friends Left the MTC (8/24/16)

I leave on Monday September 12 and I won't even arrive until tues night Wed morning. That's because with layovers it's a 24 hour flight and then you have to add on the time zone difference. Yup legit 24 hours from when I leave to when I arrive in non time zone time.

So all of my senpai (longer serving missionaries) and all of the Nihonjin (native Japanese missionaries) have left. This time they were all going to the south half of the missions so I have no chance to see them again which makes me sad. The Nihonjin group was awesome.  I recognized all of their favorite bands except one person's. I'm also going to miss all of my Sempai. They were awesome and hilarious people. But they weren't the only ones who left. KYLE LEFT! AHH I have another three weeks and both Kyle and Justin are in the field. But it's what I asked for so I can't really complain.

Wed: P-day we went to the temple, did TRC which is member lessons and then slept.

Thursday: I don't even remember what happened this day. I think nothing special happened this day.

Friday: My class and I talked about the millennium and second coming and the creation. It was really interesting and cool how much scripture chasing we did and what our board looked like afterward. I think it was a really good review on how to explain that the world was created in 7 periods called days. Not 7 literal days.

Sat: More studying and more stuff. This was the day We were starting to say our goodbyes to the senpai.

Sun: We had the Sunday walk which was awesome. We all matched colors.  White blue and black. I was released from sacrament coordinator and asked to serve as district leader. The other Choro tachi in my district became the zone leaders. The Devo was cool. It was the Nashville Tribute Band. However this time was so different. I had pen and paper out and I actually learned quite a bit from the devotional.  It wasn't just a cool concert. It was so cool to see that when we put forth an effort to learn, the Spirit can ALWAYS teach us something.

Mon: Class I got my keyboard and styli this day. I was super happy to get them. Had more class and studied the crap out of Nihongo. We also got a baptismal date set for one of our investigators. Just to clarify, our teachers play roles of investigators because they don't have enough people who speak Japanese. We set the Date for July 10th. 2 days before we leave. My companion also got kinda sick. We all ate New Zealand Licorice which tasted amazing. BEST LICORICE EVER. Though my companion’s tonsils have been swelling since. We got him some Ice.

Tue: More class. We rested for a while too. The Devo was awesome. I filled a whole page with notes. I learned so much about what it means to be a missionary and much more. The speaker was Elder Juan A. Ucenda of the Seventy. It was amazing to be filled with so much with the Spirit and be taught so much in 1 hour. We also met one of the new Nihonjin; his name is Otani Choro.

Wed: Kayla sent me an email today that was awesome. She shared a story with me which I feel like I really needed to hear to become a better missionary and person all around.

Sorry I don't have much time to write. But I want you all to know I love you all so much.

Aishite imasu

Harvey Choro

My district at the Temple.


Saying goodbye to some good friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment