Saturday, October 29, 2016

Boys Be Ambitious! (10/10/16)

Mon: So on Monday we walked around part of Sapporo with Simon, a half Canadian half Japanese guy who took us to a bunch of different places.  I ate SUBWAY! We also went to an army store which made me miss Kayla :'(. He also took us to a few historical places and explained the history of Hokkaido. This conversation actually came up because a guy named William Clark? pretty much made Hokkaido modern and left with the phrase “Boys be Ambitious.” We walked a ton this day and it reminded me so much of my walks around Boston with my Dad.

Tue: This day we had Zone Training meeting and we biked around to a bunch of Bike Shops to buy me a new Bike. I got a black and blue bike that's waayyyy nice. Then we had Eikawa Class (English class) which was really fun too. We had twizzlers for treats>.< I also got a new hair cut!

Wed: We biked everywhere this day but the coolest thing was when we were housing. We get to the very last house of the block we were housing and the mom (Fukui San) had some interest. We planned to meet her again and tell her about eternal families. This day was also really cold. We spent a good amount of time without coats until we were finally forced home because of the cold. Then we trapped coats and ran back out the door. This day we visited a few members and at one point a less active member’s daughter was playing with some friends right outside her house. They thought it was so cool that we were gaijin (foreigners) and spoke English. That girl is gonna be sooo popular cuz she spoke English with some Americans. 

Thur: This day was weird. We had practically no dendo time. We printed things out at a member’s house. He's pretty young.  He plays League of Legends and his desktop screen was a picture of a new skin for a champion named Jinx. Then we had interviews with our mission president. I learned a lot from him. He relates everything back to his job as a chiropractor somehow though.

Fri: Right when I thought I was done with early morning seminary I'm not. We had an investigator come and we went too. I picked up my bike and the rest of the day was kind of disappointing. But we made the day up by going to a cafe at a hotel called prince Hotel.

Sat Sun: RYO KUN CAME! So the investigator who came to seminary actually came to conference for the Saturday session and 1 and 1/2 of the Sunday sessions. He wants to come to Elder Bednar’s Fireside too! IM SO EXCITED FOR THIS PERSON! Also BOYS BE AMBITIOUS! We went housing this Sunday and found a Potential investigator and a new investigator. I finally handed out my first Book of Mormon myself. I recommended Moroni Chapter 7 because she really wanted to know the truth about Love. Also we are definitely ambitious. By the end of this month our goal is to find 32 new investigators. So far we found 1 and 4 potentials but potentials don't count :( Oh and on the way home we stopped this guy and he has a friend who is Mormon though she lives in Kyuushu. But he has lived in New Zealand for the past 4 years and wants to come to our Eikawa class with his daughter. SO EXCITED!

Mon: I mopped floors Japanese style, with rags. X)

Sorry I am out of time about to go to a Basketball tournament. Also one of our investigators is here with us. We are currently at the Church that is where we do all of our emails.


Love You!

My new haircut

A room with a view!  Downtown Sapporo.

Planning meeting at the Prince Hotel cafe.

First Zone Conference and training.


No comments:

Post a Comment