Friday, October 28, 2016

I'm Alive!! (7/14/16)

Hey.  Yesterday was only a long day until I stepped out of the car at the MTC*. After that everything went SUPER fast. I met my companion when I got my iPad. His name is Elder M______**. He reminds me of the B__________’s son (from Martha’s Vineyard) who I went sailing with. He's a really cool guy. Food here is pretty good. I got up on time so hopefully I will continue like this. I love you guys, and I will write you when its my P-day.***  I think it is next Wednesday or Monday. 

Love ya,
Harvey-Choro (Elder Harvey).

*The MTC is the Missionary Training Center and is located in Provo, Utah, right next to the campus of Brigham Young University.  Missionaries attend the MTC for a set period of time (9 weeks in Elder Harvey’s case) to learn the language and prepare to teach the gospel of Jesus Christ to the people in the missionary’s assigned area around the world.
**Names of other people will be excluded from the blog for privacy purposes unless specific permission has been provided by the person named.
***P-day (or Preparation Day) is a day once per week on which missionaries take a break from their regular proselyting efforts to prepare for the coming week.  Common activities include shopping, laundry, sight seeing and recreational activities.  This is also the day missionaries are able to write home to family and friends.  P-day for Elder Harvey in the MTC (Missionary Training Center) is on Wednesdays, but will be Mondays once he arrives in Japan.  P-day usually ends around 6pm after which missionaries return to their usual responsibilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment