Friday, October 28, 2016

The Cocaine Incident (7/27/16)


Wednesday it was pday we went to the temple and I learned some interesting things about our proxy work in Alma chapters 39-41 I think. I was doing initiatories, but there was a 35 min wait so I was able to read. Other than that nothing happened.

Thursday so unimportant that I really have no idea what happened. The only thing I remember about that day was reading J____________'s letter and thinking of how proud I was of him and that there was a ton I wanted to tell him.

Friday well I was able to see J________ on Friday so I talked to him a little bit but wasn't able to say all that I wanted. But that's fine because I was able to tell him I love him. I know the Lord is steadily helping his growth. There's no doubt in my mind that if he can get over his self doubt and trust in the Lord he will be the type of missionary that general authorities will put in their talks. We also got Ota San as our teacher this day. His real name is Strauss-sensei.  He's a really cool guy.

Sat nothing's nag much happened except for more class. Strauss-sensei took us for a short run and then taught us about stress management.  When he asked us to describe the guy on the page who managed his stress well I made a comment he had never heard before. I said his eyebrows were congruent. It was one of two times I have seen him truly laugh.

Sun. M__________ Choro and I taught priesthood this day. Our subject was baptism. M_______ talked about our experiences with baptism and receiving the Seirei no tamamono (gifts of the spirit – the gift of the Holy Ghost). Then I talked about unity, and the covenant of taking upon us Christ's name. Then we had a walk to the temple which was nice. Then sacrament meeting and Sunday school. Devotional was amazing. The Nashville Tribute band played for us. This is when I saw R______ (elder from Hingham Ward going to India). He was in choir which I was sad I didn't do cuz they sang with the Nashville Tribute band and it was amazing. I don't think I will hear that kind of singing again in my life. It was amazing the sound the choir was making. It truly sounded like angels were singing with them. Though the coolest part of the devotional was when they sang a song about Hyrum Smith. The song I think was called brother I would follow thee. Throughout that whole song I was seeing flashbacks of Mitch and Ken. But at the end of the song I looked at M________ Choro and thought for now the missionaries are my brothers.

Mon. Sooo much happened Monday.  This was the day I got the Gatorade powder and socks. So first off it was sooo nice to get that Gatorade.  I'll try to say things in order. First off for exercise time we played volleyball like we usually do. However this time random people started joining our game. This one guy joined the game and this guy was a monster. He was this HUGE Polynesian guy. He could spike the ball like a bullet. The opposite team did not pick up a single spike of his. Not only that but this guy was spiking from behind half court with men's height net. It was insane. Then when we got back someone asked me about my Gatorade so I picked it up but it hit my desk so some of it spilled. I probably lost 1/6 of the carton. The funny thing though is O_____ Choro immediately went up and was pretending it was cocaine. It was hilarious. The whole room smelled like Gatorade until the next day. Next R_____ Shimai brought in a ton of food that she was going to eat. Funny thing though her parents labeled the box and letter inside as Elder R______. This absolutely killed W_______ Choro. Strauss sensei also told me I can't move seats so that when the dogs come in the path would lead to me. However I wasn't the only person who dropped something. I forget who but someone spilled jelly on the floor.  Luckily it didn't stain or else we all would've died. Then later that night at 10:33 3 mins after lights out, someone in the building next to ours set off the fire alarm. We later found out someone burned their popcorn. We all couldn't fall asleep for at least another hour.  Apparently some time after I had fallen asleep the fire alarms were turned off. But as soon as that happened the elders outside started screaming hymns. When I woke up I thought W________ Choro was going to kill someone.

Tue some stuff happened. The only important thing though was the devotional. Elder Condie gave an amazing talk. There's a ton I could talk about but I'm not going to cuz of time’s sake. All I'll say is to go read revelations 22 verse 1 and 2 then go read D & C 4: 5 and 6. He was talking about Lehi's dream and its symbolism. He was talking about revelations and when he read off the scripture about the tree of life with 12 fruits I instantly thought back to this scripture.

Well I'm out of time. I'd love to hear from you all so send me Emails especially my siblings! I haven't gotten a single email from you guys ;(. Send me Mail!

Aishite imasu


Harvey Choro

Sempai (sisters)


My district at the temple - a weekly event.

Sunday walk


The infamous cocaine incident.

No comments:

Post a Comment